Homes have many insufficiencies that lead to an environment where mold can grow fairly easily. There are a lot of ways that you use water in your home and over time water starts to leak from pipes, through the roof, or from condensation. There are also a variety of accidents that can lead to increased moisture in your home, and each of them makes it easier for mold to grow. Mold in your house can be very destructive and can spread quickly, so it’s something you need to address as soon as you recognize any warning signs.
Be on the look out for any of these five indicators that you have mold in your house:
- If you or any family members start to have respiratory and/or other allergy issues, such as itchy eyes, a runny nose, or a scratchy throat, it may be an allergic reaction to mold.
- If there is a damp or old smell that greets you when you walk into your home, there is probably some mold growing.
- In some situations you may even be able to see mold growth, especially if you’re proactive enough to regularly look in areas that are prone to collecting moisture.
- If there is dampness or condensation in areas that should be dry, there may also be mold growing nearby.
- If your home has ever flooded either from appliances or from storming, you could be at risk for mold growth.
It is such dreaded news to find out that you have mold in your house, but addressing the issues right away will help you get back to having a clean, safe living environment. If you suspect that your home is a mold problem, get in touch with us at AdvantaClean of the Capital Region!