Like AdvantaClean of the Capital Region on FacebookSubscribe to AdvantaClean of the Capital Region on YouTubeFollow AdvantaClean of the Capital Region on Twitter+1 AdvantaClean of the Capital Region on Google PlusAdvantaClean of the Capital Region on Yelp

Water DamageFrom a broken toilet or burst water main to a damaged washing machine hose or sudden heavy rainstorm, all of these situations can cause damage to your property. However, before you file a claim for water damage in your home, you need to determine if you have a flood damage claim or a standard water damage claim.

The main difference between flood damage and water damage is that a flood occurs when a normally dry area is temporarily inundated by water. This means that flood damage can only be caused by the following:

  1. The overflow of tidal or inland waters
  2. Mudflow
  3. The rapid accumulation of surface water from any source
  4. Collapsing land near the shore of a lake that causes the water to exceed its normal current cycle

Keep in mind that most homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage, and you must have a flood insurance policy for this type of damage to be covered. If you live in a high-risk flood area, make sure you acquire one of these policies before an unfortunate situation happens. How much you will pay for this insurance depends on several different factors, including the contents of your home, the flood risk of your property, and what your specific policy covers.

Regardless of whether your home incurs flood damage or water damage, at AdvantaClean of the Capital Region, we will be there to help you clean up. For more information, give us a call today.